Aztec Chicken & Corn Soup
Aztec Chicken & Corn Soup is one of our hottest soups—literally. Green chilies spice up this soup recipe with corn and delicious Aztec chicken. Just make sure there's enough for seconds for everyone.
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 30 min
- Cook Time : 35 min
- 6 cups water
- 3 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)*, crumbled
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs o breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepot. Stir in Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes until dissolved. Stir in chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken, shred and reserve. Remove saucepot from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn until golden, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and onion and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir vegetable mixture into saucepot. Bring to a boil. Stir in cornmeal. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree 3 cups hot soup mixture in batches in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepot. Stir in reserved chicken and heat through. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish, if desired, with shredded cheese, toasted sliced almonds and hot pepper sauce.
*Also tastes great made with Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cubes! Substitute 2 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube cubes for the 3 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg|