A classic that isn't just for fall. This pumpkin soup recipe is so delicious, you'll be craving it all year. Plus, it makes a great addition to holiday meals and is easy to prepare. Grab some fresh pumpkin and get ready to dig into this satisfying soup.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 20 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)*
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup light cream o half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper; heat through.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin instead of fresh pumpkin. Stir in canned pumpkin with the water.
TIP FOR ENTERTAINING: Serve pumpkin soup inside hollowed mini pumpkins.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|