White Bean, Peppers & Onions Brown Rice & Quinoa
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers (1 ea. red and green), thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® One Skillet Meals-Steak & Peppers Brown Rice & Quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz.) no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- HEAT 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook your peppers and onions 5 minutes. REMOVE from the skillet and set aside.
- ADD remaining olive oil, water and contents of Knorr® One Skillet Meals-Steak & Peppers Brown Rice & Quinoa to the same skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer 22 minutes or until rice is tender.
- STIR in your reserved peppers and onions and beans. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat and let stand covered 2 minutes. Now it's delicious, dig in!
Chef's Tip: For perfectly cooked brown rice & quinoa, make sure to keep covered.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbs||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||130 %|
|Vitamin A||40 %|