Creamy Spaghetti with Ham
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon o crumbled Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 piece (8 oz.) deli ham, cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking water before draining. Combine Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon with 3/4 cup pasta water until dissolved. Gradually whisk in crema; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil over medium heat in large deep skillet and cook ham stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 9 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add drained spaghetti to skillet and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Stir in crema mixture, adding as much additional pasta cooking water as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency. Cook until heated through. Season with pepper.
*For a twist on this classic, puree 3 medium roasted, peeled and seeded poblanos with the crema and bouillon before adding as much water as needed to skillet to thin sauce to desired consistency.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||270|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|