- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor, divided
- 2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs o chicken legs
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) no salt added diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor evenly over chicken. Heat oil in large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Cook onion, carrots, red pepper, zucchini and remaining 1 tablespoon Bouillon in same skillet, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and immerse chicken in skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
TIP: Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
TIP: For a more nutritious option, serve over brown rice, farro or quinoa.
Cost per recipe* : $ 6.15
Cost per serving* : $ 1.53
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||380|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|