Steak & Poblano Quesadillas
People won't be able to tell the difference between restaurant quality quesadillas and our Steak Poblano Quesadillas. Melted mozzarella cheese, onions, peppers and sizzling steak are fused together between two heated flour tortillas.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 lb. beef top round steak o or your favorite cut of beef, pounded 1/4-inch thick, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 (10-in.) burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella Cheese
- Evenly sprinkle 1 tablespoon Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon over steak.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over high heat and cook steak, in batches, turning once, until desired doneness, about 1 minute. (Be sure not to overcook so steak stays juicy.) Remove steak and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in poblano pepper and garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Stir in water, cilantro and remaining 1/2 tablespoon Bouillon and cook, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice steak. Heat 1 tortilla in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Place 1/4 of the sliced steak, then 1/4 of the onion mixture and 1/4 of the cheese on one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Cook over medium-high heat, pressing down with a spatula, until bottom is lightly browned. Carefully turn quesadilla and cook until lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove quesadilla and keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into wedges.
Cost per recipe*: $5.04
Cost per serving*: $1.26
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Serve with pico de gallo, crema and avocado.
|Serving Size||4 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||4 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|