Beef Stew with Vegetables
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours 15 min
- 2 lbs. beef shanks, meat removed from bones (reserve bones), meat cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 9 cups water
- 1 medium baking potato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 2 ears corn, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- Lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Season beef with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon.
- Heat oil in large pot over high heat and cook beef and beef bone until browned.
- Add water and remaining 2 tablespoons Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, skimming any foam that rises to surface, until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Add potato; simmer covered 10 minutes. Add cabbage, corn, zucchini and tomatoes and simmer covered until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove bone and serve, if desired, with lime wedges and cilantro.
TIP: To use Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cubes in place of Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon in this recipe substitute 1bouillon cube for every 1 tablespoon granulated bouillon.
To season beef using bouillon cube: Microwave oil and 1 crumbled bouillon cube in microwave safe bowl 20 seconds; mash cube and stir to combine. Toss beef cubes with oil and bouillon mixture before browning beef.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|