Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Burritos
A slow cooker is the best way to get a rich, flavorful burrito filling. This recipe uses brisket, because it’s so tender and easy to shred. The delicious aroma will have your family in the kitchen long before dinnertime!
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 4 Hours
- 2 lbs. boneless beef brisket o flank steak, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 8 (10-in.) burrito size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket to slow cooker.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in sauce, Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s) and garlic.
- Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket from sauce; cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return to sauce and serve rolled up in tortillas. Serve, if desired, with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favorite toppings.
Always allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes after cooking. This will allow it to relax and retain its flavorful juices for these delicious burritos.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|