Creamy Poblano Chicken Tostadas
You’ll need both hands and a fork to devour this Creamy Poblano Chicken Tostadas appetizer recipe that brings the smoke heat of poblanos together with the crisp citrus of grapefruit for one incredible dish.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 30 min
- Marinate for 30 min
- Cook Time : 20 min
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted*, peeled and seeded
- 1 container (16 oz.) Mexican crema
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bag (4 oz.) watercress (about 6 cups)
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 radishes, cut into thin strips
- 16 corn tostadas**
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and turn to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile process poblano peppers, crema and remaining 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in blender until smooth. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in poblano mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and cilantro.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil chicken, turning once, until thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes. Thinly slice chicken and stir into Sauce.
- Combine watercress, grapefruit, onions and radishes in large bowl; set aside.
- Evenly divide chicken onto tostadas, then mound watercress mixture on tostadas. Drizzle, if desired, with additional lime juice.
* To roast peppers, arrange peppers in a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil and broil, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes or until blackened on all sides. Wrap in foil and let cool.
**SUBSITUTION: To make your own tostadas, fry corn tortillas in small skillet in oil, one at a time, turning once, until crisp; drain on paper towels.
|Serving Size||8 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||8 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|