Shrimp & Chorizo Enchiladas Rosa
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 20 min
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 container (16 oz.) Mexican crema
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 15 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just starting to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in sauce, crema and Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir 3/4 cup sauce into shrimp mixture. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Tear 5 tortillas in half, coat with sauce and arrange in baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the shrimp mixture in baking dish. Repeat layers using tortillas and shrimp mixture. Top with 5 remaining tortillas, tearing them into pieces to cover any gaps. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
*For a spicy kick add 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce to the sauce mixture.
Cost per recipe*: $23.96
Cost per serving*: $3.99
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||360|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|