Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours 28 min
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 6 cups water
- 3 tsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema o sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, discarding as much stringy pulp as possible. Rinse seeds with cold water in sieve; reserve.
- Arrange squash in prepared dish, cut side down, then pierce with fork. Roast 45 minutes or until squash is very tender; cool.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook 2 minutes. Scoop flesh from squash into saucepot. Stir in water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 8-inch skillet over medium heat and toast reserved squash seeds, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until crunchy. Season, if desired, with salt; set aside.
- Cool soup slightly, then process, in batches, in blender or food processor until very smooth. Return soup to saucepot; keep warm. Stir in 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers.
- Combine crema, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Garnish soup with dollop of chipotle cream and toasted squash seeds.
Cost per recipe*: $3.89.
Cost per serving*: $0.49.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||12 %|
|Saturated Fat||13 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber||12 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
|Vitamin A||210 %|