Guava Rainbow Popsicle Cake
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 28 min
- Chill Time 30 min
- 14 ounces guava paste, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup PLUS 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 box (1 lb.) confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow colored sprinkles
- 12 Popsicle® Dora the Explorer™ Ice Pops, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Microwave guava paste with 1/3 cup water in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until smooth. Reserve 2/3 cup guava mixture; set aside for filling.
- Combine remaining guava mixture, remaining 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in medium bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Beat cake mix, cooled guava mixture and egg whites in mixing bowl with electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes; pour into prepared pans. Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining 1/2 cup Spread, confectioners sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup frosting on bottom cake layer, then evenly spread with reserved guava mixture. Top with remaining cake layer, then frost with remaining frosting. Garnish with sprinkles. Just before serving, press Popsicle® Dora the Explorer™ Ice Pops vertically around outside of cake.
TIP: For cupcakes, prepare as above baking according to package directions for cupcakes; frost. Use 24 Popsicle® Ice Pops and insert into center of each cupcake. Makes 24 cupcakes.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||112 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|