Creamy Cuban Fu Fu
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- 4 sweet plantains, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- Cover plantains with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until plantains are tender. Drain and mash; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Heat reserved drippings in same skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Combine plantains, onion mixture, mayonnaise and 1/2 of the bacon in serving bowl. Garnish with remaining bacon.
TIP: Add a bit of salt to the water when cooking plantains to bring out more flavor.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||8 %|
|Saturated Fat||5 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber||8 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|