Chicken Enchilada Manicotti
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 40 min
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup Simple Sofrito*, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese o queso fresco, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 8 manicotti pasta, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 11 x 7-in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and heat chicken with 1/2 cup Simple Sofrito, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Turn into medium bowl, then stir in 1 cup cheese and onion.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet and cook chili powder 1 minute. Add remaining 1/2 cup Sofrito and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in prepared dish. Evenly fill manicotti with chicken mixture; arrange in dish. Top with remaining sauce, then remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
*Simple Sofrito: Process 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1 large onion, coarsely chopped, 2 large bell peppers, coarsely chopped, and 2 cloves garlic in food processor until all is finely chopped. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat and cook vegetable mixture with 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce and 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon partially covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook, stirring frequently, an additional 20 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. Makes 1 quart.
Cost per recipe*: $11.16.
Cost per serving*: $2.79.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||300|
|Total Fat||52 %|
|Saturated Fat||65 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber||28 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|