Creamy Rice & Bean Salad
- Recipe Serves: 10
- Prep Time : 5 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups regular rice o converted rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool completely.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Cost per recipe*: $7.82
Cost per serving*: $0.78
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
*Also terrific with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|