Super Moist Roasted Turkey Recipe
Don't ruin the holidays by preparing a dried out turkey! Using mayonnaise in the preparation of your turkey helps to keep it moist and delicious! Your whole family is sure to love it!
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 3 Hours
- Stand Time 20 min
- 10 lbs. fresh whole turkey o frozen whole turkey, thawed
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 large shallot o onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 envelope Knorr® Roasted Turkey gravy mix, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove giblets from turkey cavities and rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, shallot and herbs in medium bowl; set aside. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture under skin. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack; rub remaining mayonnaise mixture over outside of turkey. Tent with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Decrease oven to 350° and roast turkey 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and continue roasting, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°and skin is browned and crispy. Let stand covered loosely with foil 20 minutes before carving. Serve with hot, prepared Knorr® Roasted Turkey gravy mix .
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 tsp. dried rosemary, sage and/or thyme, crushed.
Cost per recipe*: $23.17.
Cost per serving*: $2.89.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||470|
|Total Fat||52 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|