Chicken & Chorizo Sopes
Bring this crowd-pleasing Chicken & Chorizo Sopes appetizer recipe to your next potluck and be the star of the night. Guests won’t be able to get enough of these tasty meat and veggie-filled snacks.
- Makes 16 appetizers
- Prep Time : 30 min
- Cook Time : 55 min
- 2 cups masa harina
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 Knorr® Cilantro MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken (about 2 cups)
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco
- Combine masa harina, water and Knorr® Cilantro MiniCube; set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook corn until golden brown, about 8 minutes; remove corn and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat olive oil and cook zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chorizo and cook until browned. Stir in corn and chicken; cook 2 minutes. Stir in sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro; keep warm.
- Roll masa mixture into 16 balls, then cover with plastic wrap.
- Shape balls into 3-1/2-inch discs, a few at a time. In another skillet, heat a small amount of oil, if desired, and cook discs over medium heat 1 minute on each side. Remove from skillet; cool slightly. With fingers, pinch up edge of sope to make rim. Return to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until dough is firm and cooked through; keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough.
- To serve, top sopes with Sauce mixture, then top with queso fresco. Garnish, if desired, with additional cilantro.
TIP: Filling can be used as a pizza topping OR in burritos OR served with tortilla scoops.
|Serving Size||1 appetizer||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 appetizer|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||12 %|
|Saturated Fat||13 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber||8 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|