Roasted Chicken with Lemon & Herbs
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours
- 1 medium lemon
- 5 lbs. whole chicken
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. From the lemon, grate enough peel to measure 1 teaspoon, then cut lemon in half.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, parsley, thyme, sage, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture under chicken skin, then spread remaining on outside of chicken. Place lemon halves in cavity.
- Arrange chicken breast side up in 13 x 9-inch roasting pan, with or without rack. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue roasting 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180°.
Cost per recipe*: $7.80.
Cost per serving*: $1.30.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||400|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Total Carbs||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|