Hearty Spanish Rice
Cooking the rice in oil along with the garlic adds a subtle toasted flavor to the dish.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 40 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups regular rice o converted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Add rice and garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in Bouillon and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, corn and chili powder. Return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro and let stand covered 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
Cost per recipe*: $5.59
Cost per serving*: $0.70
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|