Homestyle Beef Stew
Hearty and full of rich homemade flavor, this beef stew recipe is an easy way to get in servings of protein and vegetables. It’s especially good on a colder day alongside a crisp green salad.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours 25 min
- 1 lb. beef eye round roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups baby red potatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, sliced
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef, water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the endergy needed to survive hectic weeknights.
Cost per recipe*: $9.40
Cost per serving*: $2.35
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||150 %|