- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 50 min
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 tsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor, divided
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small red and/or green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash o zucchini, chopped
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup regular rice o converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen whole okra, thawed and halved diagonally (about 2-1/2 cups)
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Remove chicken and set aside. Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon Bouillon. Add shrimp to same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook red peppers, squash, and 1 teaspoon Bouillon, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until golden. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook chorizo, onion and chipotle over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until golden. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add water and remaining 1 teaspoon Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in okra and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Return chicken, shrimp and vegetables to skillet and heat through.
*For a budget-friendly alternative, substitute chicken parts for boneless chicken breasts. Add chicken to skillet with the water and simmer until thoroughly cooked, adding additional water as needed.
Cost per recipe with chicken breasts*: $17.41.
Cost per serving*: $2.90.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|