Rice & Corn Salad with Chicken
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 40 min
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 cup regular rice o converted rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- Juice and grated peel from 1 lime
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 bag (5 oz.) spring salad mix
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in 2-1/2-quart saucepan and cook jalapeno 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water and 1 tablespoon Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon Bouillon and grated lime peel. Coat chicken with 1/2 of the mixture and coat corn with remaining mixture.
- Grill chicken and corn, turning once, about 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and corn is to desired doneness. Let chicken stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut corn from ears.
- Cool rice slightly, then stir in tomatoes, avocado, onion, lime juice and remaining 1/2 tablespoon Bouillon.
- To serve, arrange salad mix on serving platter, then top with rice mixture, chicken and corn.
*For milder flavor, remove seeds from the jalepeno pepper before chopping.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|