Rice with Chicken Mom's Way
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 medium red bell peppers o green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup regular rice o converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, turning once, 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to same skillet and cook red peppers and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water, chicken and remaining Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered 20 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Cook rice an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken and discard bones. Stir chicken, peas, olives and ketchup into skillet. Cook covered 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
TIP: For a whole grain alternative, substitute brown rice for white rice and increase cook time to 20 minutes.
Cost per recipe*: $8.73.
Cost per serving*: $1.46.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
|Vitamin C||940 %|
|Vitamin A||280 %|