Caribbean-Style Fried Rice
Imagine if there were a fried rice with a Caribbean twist. There is. Our Caribbean Fried Rice is a pork recipe packed with ingredients like ham, onion, egg, garlic and cheese that give you the best of Caribbean and Asian flavors.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup regular rice o converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 8 ounces cut up cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add rice and cook 3 minutes or until rice is golden. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, then stir in ham. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until rice starts to toast again, about 7 minutes. Stir in peas. Make a well in center of pan and add eggs. Cover and cook on medium-low heat 2 minutes or until eggs are starting to set. Remove cover and scramble eggs. Remove from heat, then stir eggs into rice. Stir in green onions and sprinkle with cheese.
Also terrific with Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|