Rice & Black Bean Soup with Chorizo
Bring a big appetite to this Rice Black Bean Soup with Chorizo soup recipe. Filled with hearty ingredients, its one soup you can eat with a fork.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 links chorizo sausage (about 6 oz.), sliced
- 1 cup regular rice o converted rice
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and brown chorizo. Remove chorizo and set aside.
- Add rice and onion to same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until rice is golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water and Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in black beans and chorizo; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve immediately.
TIP: For a whole grain alternative, substitute brown rice for white rice and increase simmer time to 25 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|