Caribbean Poblano Fried Rice
- Recipe Serves: 10
- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 ounces chorizo sausage, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium poblano peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Knorr® Onion MiniCube(s), crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo with poblanos about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp, red pepper and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in beans and pineapple and cook about 1 minute. Stir in rice. Remove from heat and stir in MiniCube. Stir in reserved pineapple juice as needed.
*Feel free to substitute 1 Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube.
Also terrific with Knorr Shrimp flavored Bouillon Cubes or Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor.
Cost per recipe*: $12.91
Cost per serving*: $1.29
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|