Meatballs in Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 40 min
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Knorr® Onion MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 1 Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s), crumbled
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, oregano, egg, 1 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube, Knorr® Onion MiniCube and Knorr® Garlic MiniCube in a large bowl. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown meatballs, turning occasionally. Drain skillet, if necessary. Add tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes. Remove cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube.
- Serve meatballs with hot cooked rice.
Cost per recipe*: $5.28
Cost per serving*: $1.32
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|