Ancho Chili Beef & Vegetable Soup
If you're looking for a new soup recipe packed with beef, look no further. Beef and veggies awaken your taste buds with this delicious Ancho Chili Beef Vegetable Soup.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 1 Hours 40 min
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. ground ancho chile pepper*
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion and corn about 4 minutes or until corn starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, tomato paste, ground chili pepper about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in water and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, return beef to saucepot and simmer covered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and tomato and simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
*Substitution: Use 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped.
Cost per recipe**: $9.70.
Cost per serving*: $1.21.
**Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|