Toasted Garlic & Tomatillo Smothered Skirt Steak
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- 2 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.78 oz.) tomatillos, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 small chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Combine 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube and next 3 ingredients. Rub steak with spice mixture; set aside.
- Cook garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until garlic is tender and skin is golden, turning occasionally. Remove garlic; peel and finely chop; set aside.
- Brown steak over high heat. Remove steak and warm. Add onion and tomatillos and cook over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in water, remaining bouillon cube, peppers and reserved garlic and bring to a boil. Return steak to skillet, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until steak is desired doneness.
*Feel free to substitute 2 tablespoons Knorr Beef flavor Bouillon. Add half the Bouillon with steak-rub ingredients and remaining Bouillon with sauce.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|