Simple advice to train your body to sleep well
There’s no price on a night of good, restorative sleep. But sometimes the stresses and worries in your day keep you from being able to sleep well, without continuously waking up during the night. The good news is that there’s a solution. Find nighttime help with these five tips:
1. Exercise daily. Exercise helps release energy, relaxes your body and reduces stress. So, the calmer you feel, chances are you’ll sleep well, with no interruptions. Remember to use Degree® Sheer Powder Dry Spray with MOTIONSENSE as part of your daily exercise routine. This antiperspirant goes on instantly dry for a cleaner feel.
2. Hydrate and nourish yourself properly. Don’t eat too much before going to bed. Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks, sugary sodas and alcohol before bed. Instead, a nice cup of chamomile tea may help you relax and you’ll fall asleep faster.
3. Set a regular bedtime. By going to sleep at the same time every night, you’re training your body to do the same. This will probably help you sleep well, soundly and without interruptions.
4. Follow a bedtime routine. Just like exercise is part of your daily routine, you should also have a bedtime routine. Take a warm bath and eat a light dinner. Then, read a book or listen to soft music instead of watching TV until late at night. This will help relax your mind and body.
5. Create a calm sleeping environment. To keep lights from disturbing your sleep, turn off lamps and close all the curtains or blinds in your room. If you like to sleep with the air conditioning or heating on, you should control the temperature. The ideal sleeping temperature is 68° F, or however your body feels the most comfortable. Finally, try to sleep in a quiet space.
Sleeping well helps you recharge, rest, and start a new day feeling good. One night of restorative sleep will help you look and feel your best.