Straight or curly hair? Find out which goes best with your hair style
Latinas have all kinds of different hairstyles, and for us, the way our hair looks is of high importance. We love to keep it looking good. That's why a brush and comb are our best weapons against unruly hair or for when we want to have a cool hair style. The key? Choosing a brush or comb that goes perfectly with your hair style. Here’s how you do it.
There’s nothing better for your straight hair than a brush to give it volume. Natural bristles are delicate and help tame frizz. Check out which one is better for you:
• Round brush: if you like waves and changing your hair’s natural fall. Use a big round brush if your hair is long or a small one if it’s short.
• Flat brush: it’s the best choice if you want to wear your hair straighter than it actually is. Aside from smoothing your hair, a flat brush gives it a bit of shine when using the hair dryer.
• Thermal brush: perfect for curling your hair. This brush has a metallic center that heats up and acts like a curling iron. Use Suave Professionals® Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner for luscious, healthy-looking curls. And for frizz-free hair, use Suave Professionals® Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream before styling your hair.
It’s safe to say a comb is your curls’ best friend. It gives your curls the shape you like. These are a few of your options:
• Wide-tooth comb: if your hair is long, a wide-tooth comb will help style your hair, define your curls, and reduce frizz.
• Medium or fine-tooth comb: is ideal for detangling your hair when it’s still wet. This type of comb works well with open curls and is very helpful when applying hair color.
• Wooden comb: it’s the perfect choice to help put the finishing touches on your hairdo. For smooth curls, use the Dove® Quench Absolute collection, which will hydrate and define your curls.