Save time and money, and keep your feet looking great, by giving yourself a home pedicure
It’s the end of the week and you’re already looking forward to Saturday night’s party. You want to look perfect from head to toe. Just as your makeup, hairstyle and outfit are important, so is your pedicure. Because, let’s be honest, there’s nothing more ladylike than well-manicured feet. To save time and money at the beauty salon, we’ll show you how to give yourself a home pedicure.
Remove old nail polish
• Start by removing any remaining nail polish from your last pedicure. This is especially important if you had a bright color, like red, and you’ll be using a more neutral shade this time around. Use cotton and a nail polish remover that won’t dry your nails.
• Now, to soften your feet, place them in warm water and mineral salts for 15 minutes.
File your nails and retouch your cuticles
• Remove your feet from the water and dry them lightly. Warm water helps soften your nails and cuticles, making them easier to cut.
• Cut your nails in a style that you like, rounded or squared, and trim your cuticles. Soften the edges with a nail file. If you feel uncomfortable cutting your cuticles, you can use an orange stick to push them out of the way.
Hydrate your nails and exfoliate your feet
• Use a pumice stone to remove any roughness around your heels and toes, making sure to rub the stone in a circular motion. Rinse your feet again, dry them and use a moisturizing cream to massage into your feet and ankles.
• Moisturize your nails by putting a bit of almond oil on and around them.
Paint your nails
• Start with a base polish, to help the color set better. Then, apply a coat of your favorite nail polish color and wait a few minutes for it to dry before you put on the second coat.
• Finally, to finish your home pedicure, add one last layer of a fast drying top-coat to protect and help your nails dry faster.
Now that you’re all done, finish your pedicure with a refreshing aroma. Bathe with Caress® Mystique Forever™ body wash, which thanks to its breakthrough Fragrance Touch Technology releases bursts of iris and amber for up to 12 hours. Find more beauty and grooming tips here.