Simple tips to give your holiday desserts a twist
After enjoying a delicious Latin-style Christmas dinner, there’s no sweeter way to close the evening than with holiday desserts. But perhaps this is the year you want to spice up your usual recipes. Use these six tips to transform your traditional holiday desserts into something out-of-the-ordinary.
• When making your Christmas cookies, give them a fun new flavor using Macadamia nuts, crushed pistachios or chocolate chips. These ingredients will transform traditional cookies into an unforgettable treat.
• Before baking your cookies, cut them into fun shapes. As a guide, you can use these yummy Cinnamon Stars, made with Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks. Get creative, there are dozens of different ways you can cut your cookies.
• If you’re making a custard for a cake filling or a holiday dessert decoration, give it a fruity flavor by substituting almond, coconut or orange extract instead of the usual vanilla. See? New flavors can make a big difference.
• To complete your dessert table, bake a standout treat like Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cinnamon Frosting made with a touch of Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise. Your guests will be delighted.
• Add fresh fruit to your holiday desserts. Cut different fruits in pieces and make colorful kebabs. If you’d like, you can sprinkle them with a bit of powdered sugar and serve them with frozen yogurt.
Now that you’ve added variety to your traditional holiday desserts, pair them with a delicious cup of Lipton® Black Tea and enjoy the evening with your family.