With these ingredients, tips, and recipes for quick meals you’ll spend less time cooking and more time enjoying
Remember how abuela would serve delicious meals each time you’d visit her and she’d prepare them in minutes? She wasn’t a magician, but she did have her tricks. To learn some of your own, check out these cooking tips so you’ll buy key ingredients that will help you prepare delicious quick meals every day. Ready? Take note.
1. Basic foods: Rice, beans, pastas, potatoes, bananas, and corn. Have them on hand always so that you can prepare varied quick meals with these ingredients over and over. Such as Cuban Style Rice and Beans with Fried Plantains or Rice, Bean, and Chorizo Soup. Two fast meals that are easy to make but have similar ingredients.
2. Knorr® Sides: Nothing gets you out of trouble like a bag of Knorr® Sides. For example, you can make a delicious Chicken with Monterrey Cheese. This is one of the quick meals that you can have ready, start to finish, in only 20 minutes with Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor. Protein, carbs, and veggies in a single plate, and don’t even get us started with the flavor… ¡Sabroso!
3. Chicken Bouillon: You won’t believe the number of dishes with Latino flavor you can create with a single ingredient like Knorr® Chicken Bouillon . From Creamy Rice and Beans Salad to some Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeño Tartar Sauce or a Corn and Jalapeño Soup . You’ll give your quick meals that delicious, homemade touch as if you’d spent all day cooking.
4. Chicken, beef, and veggie portions to freeze: Save a trip to the grocery store and take advantage of your freezer’s power. Divide these foods into separate meal size portions and freeze them in airtight bags. Write the date that you’re freezing them on each bag. This way, you won’t need to unfreeze the whole bag of chicken breasts when you only need four.
5. Reduce cooking time with smaller portions: This is a major tip to save you time. The smaller the cuts of meat, chicken, and veggies, the faster they cook. You can even wash and chop the veggies in portions before freezing them. This way you’ll save the time it takes to chop them when cooking.
If you liked these cooking tips, check out more on how to prepare quick meals every day.